Are We There Yet? Week 6
The high point this week was my wife’s birthday on Sunday. The kids made her a cake. The low point was when our dog, Harvey, ate a freshly made batch of chocolate chip cookies the same day.
And I received a number of jokes from clients but this picture (below) seemed appropriate for the week when some got their stimulus checks. Thank you, Lise!
This week we have some additions to the entertainment list we have been sending each Friday. From an Earth Day Special, to Kennedy Center Concerts, and more series, movie, and book recommendations, there's something for everyone. And please continue to share your recommendations with us!
An Earth Day Special - https://ed.ted.com/earth-school
Earth School offers a month of daily adventures, or Quests, that will help you understand and celebrate our natural world, while learning about how dependent we are on our planet. Now more than ever, we need to protect, nurture and care for Earth. Learn something amazing every weekday between Earth Day (April 22nd) and World Environment Day (June 5th). Within each lesson, you’ll find fascinating resources compiled by Earth experts and ideas for getting involved in ways that count.
The Kennedy Center Couch Concerts - https://bit.ly/3bEmbW0
Have you tuned in yet? The Kennedy Center has live "couch concerts" streaming on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 4 p.m. EST. Talented artists from DC and beyond share hip hop, folk, comedy, opera, dance, and more.
SERIES and MOVIES
- The Red Sea Diving Resort – spy thriller about a covert operation that helps Ethiopian-Jewish refugees escape to safe haven in Israel.
- Bosch seasons 1-6 – crime drama based on the books by Michael Connelly
- Bloodline – dramatic thriller about a family in the Florida Keys
- The Unabomber – In His Own Words – Netflix docu-series about Ted Kaczynski
- Factfulness by Hans Rowling
- The Upright Thinkers by Leonard Mlodinow
- Capital and Ideology by Thomas Piketty
- Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan
- The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah
- The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak
- Moonglow by Michael Chabon
- The Overstory by Richard Powers